- News JOSAA 2019: IIT admission, registration, seat allotment full schedule
- Finance Facebook's Likely Introduction Of Crypto Pushes Bitcoin Price Above $9000
- Sports Woodland wins U.S. Open for maiden major after denying Koepka hat-trick
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Several features of Twitter that are not popular
Twitter looks like a minimalist social network and claims to have over 100 million users in it. It has a strong reputation with the simple looks. Most of them consider Twitter as a place to post text messages called tweets with a maximum of 140 characters, links to external site, photo and video. They can also re-post the messages on their pages and also send private messages to others.
Is that all that can be done with the social network? If you think yes then you probably have to take a closer look at it. The website has many power tools that allow users to do several tasks like creating photo albums, searching efficiently and more. The power tools in this site are more easy to use than in the rivals like Facebook.
Make a Gallery
The photo gallery page allows each user to have 100 recent images. This is only for photos and not for videos. Hashalbum, an independent site will group the images of each user based on the hashtags.
The search box in Twitter brings in too many results and mostly they will be the recent ones. To be more specific you can use Refine Results option that will direct you to the advanced search page. The Topsy website is involved in updating the additional information that can be searched.
Jump to interesting stuff
Two new buttons appear next to the Home button on the top and they are Connect and Discover. The connect will display all users who are interacting with you and the display will find out your personal interests, users you follow and also the topics that are hot.
You can use the keyboard shortcuts to use the website. When you type '?' on the web interface, you will get a panel of the keyboard commands that are available. There are about 20 shortcuts like 'r' for re-tweet, '/' for jump to the search box and more. Some of them require 2 keystrokes like 'g p' to move to profile page.
Cross-post to Facebook
You can cross-post a status update of Twitter in your Facebook Wall just by logging to Facebook and then installing the Selective Tweets application. It will ask for your Twitter username and whenever you make a Twitter update with the hashtag #fb, it goes to your Facebook page. The only criteria is that both your accounts should be logged in.