TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Microsoft packs an array of updates in the newly launched version of Skype for Windows and Mac, dubbed Skype 6.2. The new Skype 6.2 features several updates and a few fixes for bugs that have been annoying regular Skype users. The notable improvements in the new version of Skype include a new toolbar and the eGifting feature. The newly redesigned toolbar tacks together all the action buttons in one place.
With the new toolbar, Skype users will be able to easily access Home, Calling phones, creating groups and adding contacts from just above their Contacts list. eGifting is another update in the Skype 6.2. With this, users can send gifts of credit to anyone of their contacts on their birthdays. Using the credits, the contacts who received the gift will be able to use this credit to call anyone they want at any time. However, it still seems to be unclear whether this update will be made available in the Mac version of Skype.
Skype 6.2 also comes with an option to let users send IMs with ‘Ctrl + Enter' shortcut. The only drawback is that the new Skype version will not be compatible with computers powered by Intel Pentium 3 or similar CPUs, that don't support SSE2 instructions. Skype 6.2 also includes fixes for bugs in Profile, Accessibility, File sending and Add contact categories. Users can either check for manual updates in their old Skype version or download the Skype 6.2 version directly from the official homepage of Skype.