TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Earthquake Of Magnitude 4.0 Hits In UP's Muzaffarnagar District; Tremors Felt In Delhi-NCR
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Airtel Tops 4g Download Speed; Jio Offers Best Consistent Quality
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Airbus A380 To Be Discontinued In 2021
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
- 10 Pointers To Note To Successfully Claim Tax Exemption On HRA
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
Social Media User Base in Urban India Predicted to Reach 66 Million by June
It is quite obvious that most people who use internet in India use social media networks. According to a report on social media, by by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB), the number of social media users in urban India reached 62 million by December 2012 and is expected to reach 66 million by June 2013.
The report said about 74 % of all active Internet users in urban India use social media.
The report said "The growth in the number of social networking users can be attributed to the rising Internet penetration in India, through increasing affordability of smartphones and consequent mobile Internet use,"
There are apparently 80 million active Internet users in Urban India, out of which 58 million individuals have accessed some form of social networking.
The report continues, to say "They may have accessed social media using a personal computer, laptop or even a mobile device, as the illustration suggests," '
The report said social media usage ranks only after email (80 per cent) in terms of usage
"Essentially, social networking often serves to be among the first Internet uses of Internet in India, besides the usual reasons like email, music and gaming," adds the report.
As expected, Facebook is the most accessed website with 97 per cent of all individuals using it followed by Google+ and LinkedIn. However, LinkedIn has the second highest average time spent after facebook. The Professional networking site is said to have the highest proportion among women and users above 25 years.
"The average time spent by Indian netizens was 29.6 minutes on weekdays as compared to 28.8 minutes on weekend days," added the report.