TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Recently Twitter announced its partnership with starsports.com. The collaboration will allow the Twitter user to directly view videos in-stream, without leaving the social site.
Moreover, according to the partnership, when a link to starsports.com is tweeted, Twitter users on mobile will have the option to download the starsports.com App. Once the mobile application is installed, they will be able to open the app directly by clicking the tweeted link, to watch the video.
Earlier this year, Starsports India also introduced an option for the Twitter users to receive tweets from the Twitter account as SMS. While, the in-stream video service was rolled out for videos that form a part of the Sachin Memory Project - an initiative by starsports.com to commemorate his retirement.
Star Sports also regularly leads innovative broadcast integration of Twitter to fuel social TV experiences, as has been evidenced during this year's Women's Cricket World Cup, Super Fight League and BCCI's international matches.
The network's handle @starsportsindia, which was started earlier this year, already has close to 1.5 lakh followers.
Regarding the new initiative, Ajit Mohan, Head of Digital Business, Star India, said, "starsports.com is the leading multi-sports destination on digital in India. We are keen to continue to engage the most ardent sports fans in the country and our partnership with Twitter is a continuation of that commitment. Making these videos available for easy consumption will dramatically improve the nature of the social conversation around sports in India."
And Rishi Jaitly, India Market Director, Twitter, said, "Twitter is the world's leading, real-time information network where users consume content that is live, public, conversational and mobile. In India, Twitter has brought our users closer to the best of national and international sport. We applaud starsports.com for embracing the Twitter platform in this way."