TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Row: All-party Meet Inconclusive; Will Stick To SC Order, Says CM Vijayan
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles India Launch
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- India Tour Of Australia: Ganguly Reveals Why Virat Kohli And Team Have The Best Chance To Beat Australia
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- India Beach Fashion Week: Swara Bhasker's Attire Is About Giving Festive Wear A Breezy Touch
- Wonderful Beaches In And Around Kanyakumari That Are Worth Exploring
Recently Twitter announced its partnership with starsports.com. The collaboration will allow the Twitter user to directly view videos in-stream, without leaving the social site.
Moreover, according to the partnership, when a link to starsports.com is tweeted, Twitter users on mobile will have the option to download the starsports.com App. Once the mobile application is installed, they will be able to open the app directly by clicking the tweeted link, to watch the video.
Earlier this year, Starsports India also introduced an option for the Twitter users to receive tweets from the Twitter account as SMS. While, the in-stream video service was rolled out for videos that form a part of the Sachin Memory Project - an initiative by starsports.com to commemorate his retirement.
Star Sports also regularly leads innovative broadcast integration of Twitter to fuel social TV experiences, as has been evidenced during this year's Women's Cricket World Cup, Super Fight League and BCCI's international matches.
The network's handle @starsportsindia, which was started earlier this year, already has close to 1.5 lakh followers.
Regarding the new initiative, Ajit Mohan, Head of Digital Business, Star India, said, "starsports.com is the leading multi-sports destination on digital in India. We are keen to continue to engage the most ardent sports fans in the country and our partnership with Twitter is a continuation of that commitment. Making these videos available for easy consumption will dramatically improve the nature of the social conversation around sports in India."
And Rishi Jaitly, India Market Director, Twitter, said, "Twitter is the world's leading, real-time information network where users consume content that is live, public, conversational and mobile. In India, Twitter has brought our users closer to the best of national and international sport. We applaud starsports.com for embracing the Twitter platform in this way."