TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Twitter to shower users with balloons on birthdays
If it is your birthday, Twitter will not only make sure that you get happy birthday messages but also animated balloons in your Twitter handle.
The micro-blogging site has introduced an option to set your date of birth in its settings menu that will appear on your profile page.
"Starting today (July 6), you will be able to show your birthday on your Twitter profile," a Twitter blog post read.
To add your birth date to your Twitter profile, choose the "Edit profile" option on Twitter.com.
Your birth date will be a completely optional part of your profile and you will have full control over who can see it.
"The visibility setting for your birth year is separate from the setting for your birth month and day, giving you the flexibility to share as much (or as little) as you want," the post continued.
By filling out your date of birth, you will get a screen full of balloons and more timely congratulatory tweets.
According to The Verge, the move will help Twitter work out which ads it thinks you want to see.
"No matter the privacy level you set, Twitter will use the information for marketing purposes: a note in its support database confirms that the social network will use your birthday "to show you more relevant content, including ads," it reported.