TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Have you recently noticed the newly added button on you Twitter page that talks about facilitating buyers and sellers on the social network? If you are wondering as to what that might be, let us tell you that soon you will be able to carry out purchases directly from your page.
Twitter already accomodates a real-time platform for news, photos, video clips and 140-character texts on what your thoughts are. However, the company could soon work out as a brand new forum to conduct all kinds of purchases directly via it.
Back on Monday, Twitter announced that it would publicly begin testing a new "buy" button that could be embedded in posts. This would, in turn, allow users to buy a product with just a few clicks. Sounds interesting, doesn't it?
"Today we are beginning to test a new way for you to discover and buy products on Twitter. For a small percentage of U.S. users (that will grow over time), some Tweets from our test partners will feature a "Buy" button, letting you buy directly from the Tweet," the official post for the same states.
The company also revealed that this is an early step "in our building functionality into Twitter to make shopping from mobile devices convenient and easy, hopefully even fun." It added that users will get access to offers and merchandise they can't get anywhere else via the new feature.
While the feature is yet to come out wholly in the open, it does seem like the new payment system could introduce a whole new system of a brand new revenue stream for the social network. However, in its initial days, expect the feature to be limited to limited-edition or time-sensitive items.
"In our test, an entire purchase can be completed in just a few taps. After tapping the 'Buy' button, you will get additional product details and be prompted to enter your shipping and payment information. Once that's entered and confirmed, your order information is sent to the merchant for delivery," the post adds.
More on the new purchase feature will come to light with Twitter going fully open with it. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!