TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
On Thursday, Twitter suffered a couple of service outages within hours. The users of the micro-blogging site across the world have reported significant down time and slow service on both the mobile applications and the website of Twitter. The outages were speculated to be a result of a hacker attack but the company blamed a cascading bug that was present in the infrastructure components.
One of the characteristics of the bug is that it has a significant impact on the users across the world. This is reason for the outage of the micro-blogging site at a global level, the Vice President of Engineering, Twitter, Mazen Rawashdeh wrote in a blog post after the outage. He added that they are currently conducting a review to make sure that it does not happen in future.
The outages happened around 9 PM and 1 AM as per the Indian timing. As the service got resumed, the users started to crack jokes, express their relief and obviously, to complain about the outage. There were some issues in the backend of the social network but they were not related to any hacking attack.
Twitter was founded in 2006 and in the early days, it suffered from frequent outages as the servers could not handle the rising volume of tweets across the world. Now, the network has a breathtaking user base with over 140 million active users per month who send about 400 million tweets everyday.
Did you experience any problem connecting to the network in the mentioned time period? Let us know in the comments section below.