TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
Tumblr, Twitter and Pinterest are victims of a hacking attack. They have confirmed that a firm to whom the technology companies usually outsource their services. As noted by the customer support tool of the firms, hackers were able to download the email addresses of users who contacted these firms for assistance.
The company had warned its customers of a reported hack via email. The website wired.com said that there were customers who have revealed their phone numbers, but there were no evidences of revealed passwords.
Zendesk is a customer support firm which has a client base of 25,000 and uses software tools to enable companies to outsource their customer service processes. Twitter in an email to its users said that the Zendesk security breach is not severe as the one happened to it and that the recent security breach had not resulted in hacking of information. The security breach accounted by Twitter resulted in password theft of 2,50,000 users.
Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter, all have sent warning emails to all their users saying some of their personal information could be compromised due to a cyber attack on their customer service desk, Zendesk.
Zendesk, also disclosed the security breach on its blog. Zendesk said that the company is aware of the issue and steps will be employed to fix the issue at the earliest. The company also said that is keen on working, with authorities, to ensure that those involved would be brought to justice.