TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
There is good news for Twitter users as they can now look for tweets which are more than a week old. The microblogging site is now planning to update its search capabilities to accommodate this long standing demand for including older tweets too in search results.
The infrastructure engineer of Twitter, Paul Burstein, in Twitter blog confirmed the news about the update and also said it may take a few more days for the update to come out officially. Twitter search results earlier displayed results that contained tweets going back about a week. Twitter is now developing an option to include all the older tweets.
The infrastructure engineer also said that users will be able to see only a small number of tweets out of the total tweets sent once the update is complete. Twitter will now surface older tweets in its search results based on various criteria.
The tweets that will be arranged and featured on the search list include favorites, clicks and retweets. The percentage of tweets featuring on the search list will see a relative increase in steps over time. The aim of Twitter primarily is to surface best content for users' query. The recent update comes from the site after its update of iOS, Android and mobile web apps.
The recent plan of Twitter to update its search capacity is definitely a welcome move considering the steep increase in number of posts each day. It is to be noted that the Super Bowl performance of Beyonce alone is said to have received 5.5 million tweets.