TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
After taking the entire net with a huge storm and creating more space for celebrities, Twitter turns six. Yes, it is the sixth birthday of the micro-blogging site. It was launched in 2006 and has played a major role in shaping the marketing strategies. It has also played a great role in product promotion.
Jack Dorsey is the creator of Twitter. He is an American software architect. Before six years, he definitely would have not imagined that the network would achieve this huge success. The users sent over 9420 tweets per second during Superbowl 2012.
In the short span of time, the network has become a significant tool of marketing for the celebrities, businessmen and politicians. It promises a great level of intimacy that has never been approached by the online industry before.
Currently the website is available in 28 languages and it has over 835 employees. Twitter is a part of the elite group of social web start-ups that have been established and flourished recently. It is rapidly attracting more and more users. It achieved one billion tweets in 3 years, 2 months and 1 day. The unofficial estimates confirm the network to have over 350 million users.
Read in Malayalam