TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
With Social networking site Twitter gearing up for its Initial Public Offering (IPO), the current general counsel Alex Macgillivray announced his departure from the popular microblogging site. An ex-Google employee - said in the blog post that he will continue to become as an advisor to Twitter's legal team.
Indian-origin Vijaya Gadde is the new general counsel for micro-blogging giant Twitter; the social networking site is yet to announce her appointment formally.
"Macgillivray, who has been credited with coining the motto that Twitter is the "free speech wing of the free speech party," helped shape Twitter's reputation as a champion for its users' rights over the years." , as published in the Reuters
Macgillivray jumped from Google legal group to Twitter in 2009 and became a key executive at the company, current and former employees have said. The Toronto native is known by his Twitter username, "amac.", as published in The Wall Street Journal
Gadde is the official General Counsel at Twitter. Her updated Linkidin profile shows us that she recently took over the post of Alex Macgillivray. She joined Twitter in July 2011 as Director, Legal. She is an expert in handling corporate, securities, M&A and international affairs.
She is an alumnus of New York University School of Law and Cornell University. Gadde has been a senior director Associate General Counsel, Corporate at Juniper Networks. Twitter currently has over 200 million active users worldwide and comes second to Facebook in terms of popularity.