TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
Usually, children will have fun in sharing the interests and also in learning from others. The social networks will help the kids to develop their personal skills like digital citizenship, self expression and communication using these websites. Here, we have listed some activities that they can do using the networks.
Email Friends: They can send emails to their online friends and learn about expressing themselves. Not only this, they can also develop empathy towards others by developing relationships.
Home pages: Some children are capable of building their own home pages mentioning their interests and engaging with those having similar interest.
Games & Quizzes: They can test their knowledge by taking part in quizzes and games that are collaborative.
Discussions: The discussion forums will help them have fun and discuss on various topics like daily news, campaigns, games and films.
The most significant thing is that the children have to learn on the online community and must be safe. They can learn about several things like the ones that are explained below.
Being safe online: They must know to keep their passwords safe and also on what personal information to share and what not to.
Understanding others: Kids get exposure and they make a lot of friends and get to work with many people from various religions, economic backgrounds and culture. They will get a feeling that all are equal online.
Way of communicating: This skill is mandatory for life and the kids must get to know on this personal skill.
Useful skills: They get to know about lot of useful skills like formatting text, inserting HTML code on webpages, creating images and more.
But the kids have to be cautious, as the social networking sites are equally dangerous though they are helpful.