TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Yahoo Inc has joined hands with Facebook and the company is in a process of revamping its site, socially. Reportedly, the site is trying to integrate features similar to that of the social networking site. The revamped version of the website will contain features such as newsfeeds and likes. The overhauling of the website taking place under Marissa Mayer is one of the biggest after she took over as CEO of Yahoo last year.
Yahoo is one of the most visited sites, but the site is seeing a steady fall in its revenue. This serious loss of revenue is traced back to competition from Facebook and Google Inc. Yahoo is also planning to roll out its internet shop window which includes more compatible applications for tablets and smartphones.
Yahoo's new revamping process is a clear indication of its strengthening ties with Facebook. It is now time to watch whether Yahoo will be successful in winning back its audience with its new strategies.
It's been 7 months in tenure for Mayer, and the CEO was successful in limiting the decline of Yahoo's internet portal, although Yahoo's forecast of revenue looks dim compared to that of Google and Facebook. The CEO said that they wanted the site to remain familiar to its audience but also intends to give it a fresh look. Yahoo Inc. earned revenue of $5 billion in 2012. The revenue had not seen a significant rise since a couple of years. Yahoo's revenue was $6.3 billion in 2010. The CEO is implementing newer strategies to win back its audience, and this new venture is sure to interest users.