TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Recently, Acer refreshed its tablet range with the launch of Iconia B1-A71, a budget oriented Android tablet. Iconia B1 is especially designed to take over the attention on Nexus 7 and is priced at Rs 7,999. However, it seems like Acer's tablet plans have not come to an end as the latest tech media reports claim so.
According to a recent China Times report, Acer is working on two tablets - an 8 inch and a 10 inch devices estimated to be priced at $205 (approx. Rs 11,000) and $239 (approx. Rs 13,000) respectively.
The report also claims that Acer might use the new MediaTek MT6589 quad-core processor for both the offerings. The MT6589 is one of the first to use ARM's Cortex A7 architecture and recently appeared inside the Alcatel One Touch Scribe, which debuted at CES 2013. It is to be noted that Acer has already incorporated a dual-core MediaTek processor in Iconia B1.
While the other details of these rumored tablets remain unclear, a report from Taipei Times claims that these tablets will be released into the market only in Q4 2013. Hence, it can be speculated that Acer will announce these devices at IFA 2013 event.
Analyzing the speculated pricing of these tablets, it can be said that Acer is looking forward to take over the budget tablet offerings by Google, Apple including iPad Mini and Nexus 10.