- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Automobiles Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Alcatel To Demonstrate First Tablet With Iris Recognition Tech At MWC 2014
Alcatel OneTouch, in collaboration with IriTech, a global leader in iris recognition technology, will unveil a tablet device with integrated iris recognition during the MWC next week.
The tablet concept, which demonstrates the potential for integrating iris biometrics into mobile devices for security purposes and ease-of-use, will be demoed first at the Mobile World Congress (MWC).
The tablet features a small iris recognition camera module and IR LED within the device. The system works with IriTech's highly accurate matching algorithm in order to make iris biometrics functional.
"Ensuring a great user experience is at the heart of how we design software and hardware. We work closely with our partners to develop new approaches like iris scanning and are pleased to demonstrate a working example at Mobile World Congress", said Dan Dery, Chief Marketing Officer for Alcatel OneTouch.
Alcatel and IriTech have plans to introduce more features for its Iris recognition technology including second factor authentication for mobile financial transaction, OTP (one-time-password) generation and remote vehicle control.
"There will be a myriad of applications derived from iris recognition enabled mobile devices. We are glad of this opportunity to prove its feasibility. Our goal for this prototype is to define a new era for iris recognition technology generally and a benchmark for IriTech's product particularly", said, Daniel Daehoon Kim, CEO for IriTech
This is not the first time we have heard about iris recognition technology. It was previously rumored that the Samsung Galaxy S5 might come with an integrated iris recognition tech. However, it seems that the purported device might feature a fingerprint sensor embedded within home button. Although, the Galaxy Note 4, due later this year, is likely to come with futuristic technology.
Stay tuned to GizBot!