TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- How The Phone Calls And Explosives Clearly Link Pulwama Attack To Pakistan
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric S210 Promises A Range Of 400km — Details Out!
- IPL 2019 Schedule — Chennai Super Kings Take On Royal Challengers Bangalore In Season Opener On March 23rd
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tipped To Launch In Ceramic Black: Price And Specs
- Here's Portal To Apply For Education Loan At Multiple Banks
- Indian Fests In March — A 2019 Must-Visit Checklist
- Madhu Chopra Reacts To Priyanka's 'Baby Bump' Photos!
- Kangana Ranaut Convinces Us To Make Sari An Everyday Wear With This Humble Sari
Alcatel To Demonstrate First Tablet With Iris Recognition Tech At MWC 2014
Alcatel OneTouch, in collaboration with IriTech, a global leader in iris recognition technology, will unveil a tablet device with integrated iris recognition during the MWC next week.
The tablet concept, which demonstrates the potential for integrating iris biometrics into mobile devices for security purposes and ease-of-use, will be demoed first at the Mobile World Congress (MWC).
The tablet features a small iris recognition camera module and IR LED within the device. The system works with IriTech's highly accurate matching algorithm in order to make iris biometrics functional.
"Ensuring a great user experience is at the heart of how we design software and hardware. We work closely with our partners to develop new approaches like iris scanning and are pleased to demonstrate a working example at Mobile World Congress", said Dan Dery, Chief Marketing Officer for Alcatel OneTouch.
Alcatel and IriTech have plans to introduce more features for its Iris recognition technology including second factor authentication for mobile financial transaction, OTP (one-time-password) generation and remote vehicle control.
"There will be a myriad of applications derived from iris recognition enabled mobile devices. We are glad of this opportunity to prove its feasibility. Our goal for this prototype is to define a new era for iris recognition technology generally and a benchmark for IriTech's product particularly", said, Daniel Daehoon Kim, CEO for IriTech
This is not the first time we have heard about iris recognition technology. It was previously rumored that the Samsung Galaxy S5 might come with an integrated iris recognition tech. However, it seems that the purported device might feature a fingerprint sensor embedded within home button. Although, the Galaxy Note 4, due later this year, is likely to come with futuristic technology.
Stay tuned to GizBot!