TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Prior to the announcement of the next generation Kindle Fire devices, Amazon dropped down the prices of its older variants of the Kindle Fire HD 7 tablets in India. The 16GB variant of the tablet which was initially selling at Rs. 15,999 is now available at Rs. 11,999 while the 32GB variant can be bought at Rs 15,999 which was previously priced at Rs 18,999. However, the price of the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD remains intact.
Lets have a look at the specs of the device:
Amazon Kindle Fire HD comes with a 7-inch HD LCD and 2 point multi-touch display offering a resolution of 1280x800pixels and 216 ppi pixel density. The device runs on Android OS v4.0 (customized version) and is powered by a Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor coupled with TI OMAP 4460 chipset and PowerVR SGX540 graphic unit. It is also supported by 1 GB RAM.
There is no rear camera in the device but one can find a 1.3 MP front facing camera that can shoot pictures at 1280 x 1024 pixels. The device houses 16GB and 32GB on board memory. There is no microSD card slot in the device but it comes with the free cloud storage for all Amazon content. Dolby Audio and dual-driver stereo speakers is incorporated in the device and when it comes to connectivity, it features, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI out and is powered by Non-removable Li-Ion battery.
Amazon has also launched three new generation tablets which runs on a new OS Fire 3.0. The devices are already up for sale in the US. Sadly, there is no informations as to when the devices will hit the Indian market. For more details on the tablets click here.