TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
After months of speculation, Asus has finally taken the wraps off its EeeBook X205 - new ultra portable notebook designed for students and young professionals. The new budget laptop, which is powered by Windows 8.1 with Bing, will surely take on the likes of affordable Chromebooks. Yes indeed, Asus' EeeBook X205 is cheap at 199 Euros or Rs. 15,920.
Just as leaks had previously indicated, the new modern day notebook from Asus comes with an Intel Atom processor, 2GB of RAM and either 32GB of 64GB of storage space. Also, Asus has added 500GB of free web storage and 100GB of free Microsoft OneDrive storage for two years. It also has an 11.6-inch screen but a lack of touch display which is something we can expect in the next-version.
The new notebook does a great job at computing. It offers full fledged PC performance on a tight budget. The X205 offers enough connectivity options, including, a micro-HDMI port, a microSD slot and two USB 2.0 ports. We doubt this computer is meant for extreme gaming, but Intel's powerful chipset would be enough to handle basis editing job.
The EeeBook X205 seems inspired by Asus' very own EeePC series. The cheap EeePC series from the house of Asus were rather popular in 2007, much before the era of iPad.
The new X205 comes in White, Black, Red and Gold options. We really liked the machine, given its affordable price. The notebook could appeal to students residing in developing countries like India and China.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!