TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Tablet market in India is growing really fast in India and looking into the global brands making their way to Indian market, it is even more. Recently Samsung announced their latest tablets on Galaxy Tab 3 range and on top of that Google also eventually announced their massively power packed 2nd Generation Nexus 7.
However, making way in a similar manner, Asus had outed their tablet with voice calling facility back in April this year. The Fonepad was apparently upgraded with a more powerful processor and 32GB internal storage in May. Now it is available on online retail Flipkart at Rs. 17,999. Fonearena noticed the availability first.
Going by the specs, the new Asus Fonepad tablet comes with a 7 inch Capacitive Touchscreen display with IPS Panel, 10 Finger Multi-touchwith and LED Backlight. The tablet gives a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
Going further into the software segment, the Fonepad runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. The latest tablet is powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z2460 processor and PowerVR SGX540 graphics and it is backed by 1GB RAM.
Connectivity options include SIM support, 3G HSPA with voice calling facility, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Blueooth 3.0, GPS.
Moreover, the tablet comes packed with 3MP auto focus rear camera with 720p HD video recording along with a 1.2MP front-facing camera for video calling. The device houses 32 GB of internal storage capacity that is expandable up to 32GB using microSD.
The 10.4mm thick Asus Fonepad weighs 340 grams and is powered by a powerful 4270 mAh battery.
Looking at the specifications, it is far lesser than the recently announced Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation. However, both are made by Asus. There is a wide range of differences between the two tablets but if compared to the Samsung Tab 3 range, Asus Fonepad might give a tough time to the 7 incher Tab 3 from Samsung.