- Sports 'Kaptaan' Imran Khan asks Pakistan cricket team to banish fear of losing against India
- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Asus K007 Tablet with Quad Core Intel Processor and 15,000mAh Battery Hits FCC
One of the best things about the sites like FCC (Federal Communications Commission), BluetoothSIG and other benchmark sites including AnTuTu and GFXBench is that all these sites reveal the information about the devices that passes through them to regular people via online listing. Now one of the tablets that recently went through the FCC has been unearthed by PhoneArena.
The tablet in question is Asus-built and carries a model number K007 and as per the listing it would come with a 7-inch display. To be even more precise, according to the filing, the tablet's display might come made up with IPS LCD panel which offers a resolution of 1200 by 1920 pixels.
Further, the leak also suggests that Asus K007 might come powered by Intel's latest 64-bit Moorefield processors, running on Atom Z3560, with a quad-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz. However, there is no information on the amount of RAM to be used in the device.
Currently, it is not sure whether the processor can compete with Qualcomm's latest ones like the Snapdragon 801 or even Snapdragon 805. However, as far as the 7 inch tablet running on Android platform is concerned, 1.8GHz quad core SoC should be more than enough, given that it is also coupled with a 2GB of RAM.
Other specs might include a 5MP rear camera and front facing VGA shooter as well. The K007 tablet is also said to come with connectivity options like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS and the internal storage unit should be either be 16 or 32GB.
But what is quite doubtful about the tablet is the battery capacity mentioned in the FCC document. The FCC filing document shows that it is powered by 15Ah (15,000mAh), which we have never seen before in any of the tablet devices.
Since the average 7-inch tablet comes powered by mostly 3800-4500 mAh battery, it is quite doubtful to believe that K007 comes powered by a 15,000mAh battery capacity. But if it turns out to be true, the tablet will rock the Android tablet market globally.
Further, there is still no confirmation on other specs like the SIM card slot, dimensions, build, form factor or the price and availability of Asus K007.
Since the IFA 2014 tech show is fast approaching in September, you can expect the announcement of the new Asus built tablet then in Berlin.