TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
As far as the Nexus devices are concerned, Asus has done a very good job by manufacturing the Nexus 7 tablet with a budget price tag. The recent rumor mills come in increasing the hopes to see an even cheaper Nexus 7 - Asus ME172V, which has been leaked.
Asus ME172V is claimed to be the next super-affordable tablet from Google as the tablet has appeared in retailers' listings will compete specs and what appears to be like official images.
Of course, there are some details that claim that Asus ME172V could not be a Nexus device, but, it will never be a regular offering from Asus. Moreover, as claimed recently, the device will not retail at $99 (approx. Rs 5,500), but will come at $129 (approx. Rs 7,200) to $149 (approx. Rs 8,200). However, it would still fit into the budget tablet segment.
As of now, ME172V will be a 7-inch tablet that will bear close resemblance to the Nexus 7 in terms of looks and design. It will come in either black or white, and will be offered in a Wi-Fi-only version, no 3G/4G cellular connectivity model is expected.
Recently, Picasa, which become a big source of upcoming smartphones and tablets leaked the rumored $99 Nexus tablet through the EXIF data of a few images that were uploaded with the model number ME172V, which was the same as the one seen in earlier leaks.
When it comes to rumored specs, the tablet could come with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, 7 inch capacitive touchscreen display with 1024 x 600 pixel resolution, VIA-based platform with 1GHz WonderMedia processor, 8GB onboard storage, 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, 1.3MP front camera for video chatting and a 4,270 mAh battery.
Speaking of the launch, there are widespread reports that the tablet will be launched at CES 2013 in January.