TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
Affordable tablets are here to stay, it seems. After Acer, Taiwan's Asus has unveiled an Intel Atom-based slate at the IFA 2014. The new tablet, MeMO Pad 7 ME572C, comes with a modest 7-inch screen and is running on Google's Android OS. The tablet is priced at $199 or Rs. 12,000 and should go on sale in select territories later this year.
Talking about its specs and features, the new MeMo Pad 7 ME572C offers a 7 -inch display having a resolution of 1920x1200-pixels. Under the hood is a 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 processor, paired with 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot.
As expected, the device runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Asus' Zen UI layer on top. In the camera department, you'll get to see a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 2-megapixel front-facing shooter.
According to Asus, the new slate will be released in Burgundy Red, Champagne Gold and Gentle Black colour options
Notably, the Nexus 7 maker will also be launching an LTE variant - ME572CL in select markets but details are missing just yet.
So far, this Asus-made tablet appears to be a decent affair. The tablet is partly made out of plastic and glass, making the device premium in nature. The new slate is also thinner at 8.3mm and slimmer at 269 grams.
Asus has been a pioneer in churning great quality tablets. We hope the company will soon announce its latest MeMo Pad 7 tablet in India at a competitive price. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!