TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Asus is no stranger to making affordable tablets - the brand just came up with Nexus 7 and many interesting tablets in 2013. Moreover, Asus is one of the top ranked tablet makers globally, thanks to the success of FonePad series.
With the CES 2014 approaching fast, it seems that Asus may come with a brand new Windows 8.1 running tablet in the next few days. The purported tablet may have a unique highlight: wacom digitizer support.
If sources close to MobileGeeks are to be believed then the makers behind Nexus 7 plans to release an 8-inch Windows 8.1 running tablet in the market. The Asus VivoTab Note 8 is said to have Intel's latest gen Bay Trail processor, 2GB RAM, and 32GB/64GB of internal memory.
The Asus VivoTab Note 8 M80TA appears similar to what Dell has to offer with its Venue 8 Pro. The upcoming Asus 8-inch Windows 8.1 running tablet will be closer to the Dell Venue Pro 8 in terms of specifications and features. Additionally, Asus made tablet may feature Wacom stylus. The device is said to be priced €299 in Europe (Rs.25,389).
Talking about the specifications, Asus VivoTab Note 8 should be an affordable tablet, since the speculated price is just under €300. The device will incorporate an 8-inch display having a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
It will be powered by a 1.8GHz Intel Atom dual-core processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal memory, which can be expanded via a microSD card slot.
Also, the tablet will include a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 1.2-mega pixel front-facing camera. Rumor has it that Asus's upcoming tablet will be lightest tablet in the market, at 340grams. Other connectivity features include: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0 and 3G/4G LTE connectivity.
It is to be seen whether Asus brings the VivoTab Note 8 into Indian market early next year. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!