TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
So far HP was silent about their ventures regarding smartphones or phablets. But now, the Palo Alto based PC manufacturer has been reportedly said to come up with a couple of Android devices.
According to the reports online pertaining to the HP's latest devices, it consist of a 6 inch and 7 inch slates which would support phone calls. Moreover, the devices are said to be made to cater to the growing market like Asian, mostly India and China.
The device would thus be affordable, and if the company chooses to make them expensive and bring it to Indian market, the most probable consequent is that it will fail against the rough competition and the rival going on among mid-range devices.
Further, according to the same report, the price of each tablet will be no more than $250 off-contract. Reportedly, back in July, HP Senior Director Yam Su Yin said that the company was working on a unique smartphone and stated that the company had to be in the game. Later a render supposedly showing a new HP handset running the Android OS appeared. HP denied that it was working on a new phone.
Thus this move towards releasing two Android powered device in select markets could be an effort of HP towards re-entering the smartphone arena. Moreover, it's high time for HP to come up with smartphones and tablets because competitors like Lenovo, Asus, Samsung and Sony have their feet in almost all possible areas.