TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
HTC Making A New Nexus Tablet for Launch in Q3 2014? [REPORT]
Like other OEM manufacturers, Taiwan's leading smartphone maker HTC is willing to make next-generation Google-branded Nexus tablet device.
The makers behind HTC One and One Max might have set their eyes on the upcoming high-end Nexus tablet, Focus Taiwan reported on Thursday.
The news site notes that HTC has won orders to manufacturer the next high-end Google Nexus tablet. Further, the tablet device could be announced in Q3 2014.
The question that immediately pops up is that whether HTC would be making a 10-inch Nexus tablet or an 8-inch device.
The rumor land is abuzz with reports that South Korean giant Samsung might produce a 10-inch flagship high-end Nexus 10 tablet.
In between, a number of reports have suggested that LG could have got a key node from Google in respect to manufacturing Nexus 10 hardware.
However, this report suggests that HTC has won the contract to manufacturer a high-end tablet device. So far, HTC has remained mum on the whole issue.
HTC forayed into tablet market with its Android-powered 7-inch Flyer tablet in April 2011. Later the company also tried to bring yet another 4G-enabled tablet device. Unfortunately, both devices were pulled out of the market citing weak demand.
Software giant Google announced last week that China's Lenovo will take over ailing Motorola Mobility. Analysts then predicted that the deal has something related to upcoming Nexus devices.
Gossip mongers believe that Lenovo will try to launch an 8-inch Nexus-branded tablet, a 10-inch Nexus 10 2, and lastly bring Nexus 6 into market in 2014.
Is HTC's dark period finally coming to an end? Share your comments below the story.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!