TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- MHA: State Approval Mandatory For Indian Citizenship
- India Vs New Zealand 1st ODI — Live Updates
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
According to Cybermedia Research, the tablet market in India which grew to 3 million units in the previous year is expected to double in sales in 2013. During the July-September quarter, the overall market for tablets in India recorded sales amounting to 1.1 million units. The tablet sales which attained a whopping sale of 1.1 million units in July-September quarter of 2012 is growing at a rate of 99.3% on the basis of quarter-on-quarter.
Samsung had led the other companies in the sale of tablets. The Korean tech giant pioneered the market with a 29% share with Micromax getting second position owning 15.3 % share. Datawind ranked third with 12.3 % in sales as per the research conducted by Cybermedia Research.
Majority of the tablets existing now in the market are those which offer Wi-Fi connectivity along with 3G access being enabled via a USB dongle. The research firm predicts that the 3G-only tablets with large screens will see a decrease in popularity going forward.
This is due to the decline of ASVs (Average Sales Value) of media tablets in which 3G is enabled, increased exploration of 3G networks as well as the launch of 4G/WiMax/LTE (BWA) services in India. The adoption of tablets will only increase in India.
This will be brought by the change in trends introduced by the latest services which will trigger fresh demand and consumption of new types of content and data services by subscribers.
The ASV of Indian tablets during the third quarter of 2012 was roughly Rs. 13,200. Sales around 63.5% were made below the Rs.10,000-mark.