TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Reports from Digitimes recently said that Apple would announce its fifth-generation full sized 9.7-inch iPad in September as scheduled, and at the same time the publication also hinted at the next-generation iPad mini that is likely to receive further upgrades in specifications.
However, the new 9.7-inch iPad is said to come with the similar specs and features like its predecessor. Talking about the design and features, the fifth-generation iPad was reported by the same publication, to come with the Retina Display and the 9.7 incher new tablet was said to have a slimmer bezel design to allow a bigger viewing area. Also the number of LED tubes used for the device is said to be reduced to one while the current fourth-generation iPad uses two tubes, and battery longevity is also said to be improved.
Talking about the availability, the same site read, "Although suppliers have not yet received a firm mass production schedule from Apple and are mainly shipping products for pilot production, the sources pointed out that pilot production is already able to satisfy demand for the initial launch. Therefore, the sources expect Apple to give its shipment estimates at the end of July or early August". Thus it is likely to hit the stores by September. The confusion comes in when it comes to the credibility of the report. However, there is no official mentions about the same device as of now.
Not only that but the publication also hints at the new 7.9-inch iPad mini which they claim will come by the end of the fourth quarter of 2013. Furthermore, the site talks about the thinner bezel coming in the iPad mini variant and regarding the Retina Display, the report says that Apple has not yet decided yet whether to incorporate it in the iPad Mini or not.