TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
When Apple's online store started allowing preorders for iPad Mini, there had been imbalances between the demand and supply. This had affected the shipping time of the device to be extended to even 1 week. The white and silver iPad model had been sold out in just a few hours since pre-ordering was allowed. After the device had been launched, around 3 million units were sold in just the first weekend.
Before the holiday season, the shipping time allotted for the preorders was 1 week. The less availability of the tablet is due to the delay in the delivery of parts by some suppliers. For example, AU Optronics responsible for delivering the display for the 7.9 inch tablets had been producing low yields. This had affected the number of units of the finished product from Apple. AU Optronics has stated that the yield will return to normal in this quarter.
Tim Cook, CEO of Apple had attributed the delay in the shipments on the suppliers. The suppliers were facing trouble with meeting the demand for the device. He said that the supply and demand will be balanced by March. However, the recent shipping times, as indicated on Apple Store, show that this balance has been reached sooner than expected.
The shipping time, which was 1 week in December and 3-5 days in January, currently stands at one to three business days. The suppliers seemed to have pulled through for Apple. This is good news for all those waiting to get their hands on the coveted device.