TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Earlier today, South Korean Electronics giant, LG, introduced its G Pad 8.3 tablet. Its main selling point is a high resolution screen, which will help it take on Apple's popular iPads with retina displays. While the product will be available in South Korea from October 14th, it will hit markets like India sometime during the end of the year.
It is worth noting that the tablet is the first from the South Korean company in two years. LG is hoping that the G Pad 8.3 will help it gain some traction against rivals like Apple and Samsung during the upcoming holiday season.
Talking about its specs, the G Pad 8.3 uses a 1,920 by 1,200 resolution screen that delivers 273 pixels per inch, easily better than Apple's 7.9-inch iPad Mini (1024 by 768 resolution) which delivers 163 pixels per inch. The new slate will also be able to compete against products such as Amazon's faster and lighter Kindle tablets that were introduced during late September.
The news of this launch comes during a time at which Apple has been unable to roll out a new version of its popular iPad Mini with a high-resolution "retina" display. Owing to this, Apple's compact slate is loosing preference to competing devices like the Nexus 7 (2013 model) which deliver a stunning 323 pixels per inch, making it one of the best slates in the market.
Apart form this, LG has also added a feature that allows users to check and send messages received by their Android smartphone from the tablet. The company is hoping that functions like these will help it stand out in an increasingly competitive mobile and tablet market.