TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
In line with the increasing demand for tablets, Micromax, today unveiled a brand new affordable tablet PC device in the Indian market -- the Funbook P280, which is priced at Rs. 4,650 and comes with a sleek detachable keyboard and a premium leather case. For the reminder, the Funbook P280 is now available online via Flipkart.
The Android-powered tablet comes with a 7-inch capacitive touch screen display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. Micromax claims the device screen offers vivid colors. It is powered by a 1GHz Cortex A8 processor , backed by 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory, which can be expandable up to 32GB via a microSD card slot. This low priced tablet runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. The makers have added a 2,400mAh battery fitted inside.
To differentiate the product from others, the Funbook P280 offers an array of added applications like M!Live , Spuul ,Opera Mini and Kingsoft Office Suite. Additionally, the tablet offers 3G dongle support and Wi-Fi connectivity options. Also, you will get to see a VGA quality rear-facing camera.
Well, the device does come with pretty neat features considering its affordable price. Though, we would've liked to see a large battery life and a slightly better screen. Unfortunately, the tablet does not support voice calling facility.
With the Funbook P280, Micromax is clearly targeting masses. There is no denying the fact that tablet market is growing on the cost of decline of PCs worldwide.
According to a new report from Cyber Media Research (CMR), Samsung clearly dominates 15 percent share in the Indian tablet market, followed by Lenovo with 13.3 percent, and DataWind with 12.4 percent market share.