TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 4 Army Personnel, Including Major Martyred In Encounter With JeM Terrorists In Pulwama, J&K
- West Indies Batsman Chris Gayle To Retire From ODIs After World Cup
- The First-Ever Maruti 800 Delivered To Customer Gets Restored After 26 Years
- Apple Might Launch RED Variants Of iPhone XS And XS Max
- Earn Interest Of Upto 9% On These Bank Deposits
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Ranveer Reacts To Will Smith’s Praise For Gully Boy!
- Anavila Misra On Slow Fashion And Her Latest Travel-inspired Collection
Microsoft is surely running a project pertaining to the Windows 8 platform while on the other hand, the company is also reportedly told to come up with the Windows version 9 Operating System by next year.
The announcement of this upcoming Windows 9 platform is reportedly scheduled to take place sometime later around April this year.
Technology blogger, Thurott mentions in his blog that 'Threshold' will likely be titled Windows 9 to 'distance the company from the Windows 8 debacle" because Windows 8 was not very well received by consumers.
According to him Microsoft will unveil its Windows 9 at the company's Build 2014 developer conference in April in San Francisco.
WinSuperSite reports that among other things users may be able to run Modern-style apps downloaded from the Windows Store in resizeable desktop-style windows.
Microsoft has not revealed the details of the upcoming OS version as of now but is reportedly said to disclose later this year. While the company have been ignoring the Windows RT at the moment.
According to the reports from CNET, Microsoft Threshold or "Windows 9" will unify the Windows and Windows phone and also feature a 2.0 version of Microsoft's "Metro" user interface in it.
GizBot will come up with more of the updates on the subject. Stay tuned!