- 54 min ago Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro First Sale At 12:00 PM: Price, Features, Specs, And More
- 4 hrs ago Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Vs Other Snapdragon 855 Powered Smartphones
- 14 hrs ago Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- 17 hrs ago 10 Useful Touch Gestures For Chrome On iPhone
- News Fire breaks out at Delhi's Kidwai Bhavan, 8 fire engines on spot
- Sports ICC ran out of patience with Zimbabwe cricket: Flower
- Movies TKSS: Kangana Ranaut Takes A Dig At Karan Johar; Says He Asks People About Their Underwear Colour!
- Lifestyle From Amit Aggarwal To Tarun Tahiliani: What Can We Expect From The Designers At The FDCI ICW 2019?
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9: Android Tablet Face-Off
The Espoo-based Nokia is back in the hardware business. Just a day back the company unveiled the N1 tablet - its first post-Microsoft device.
The networking equipment company which wasn't acquired by Microsoft surprised everyone with a sudden announcement related to a $250 Android tablet. The tablet is not manufactured in-house, but by the Taiwan-based company Foxconn. The Android 5.0 Lillipop tablet will debut in China next year.
The Google Nexus 9, on the other hand, is a most compelling tablet out in the market. It run Android 5.0 Lillipop, and is made by HTC. The tablet device is already available in select markets.
Both high-end tablets have more-or-less similar specifications. Let's compare the two tablets to see how their specs and features compare.
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9 - Design
The Nokia N1 bears a striking resemblance to the iPad Mini. Like the iPad Mini, the 7.9-inch tablet has the same anodized aluminium unibody chassis, and very similar camera placement, button, and headphone jack placement. Frankly, Nokia has blatantly ripped off the design of Apple's iPad Mini. It measures 6.5 millimeters thick and is weighs 318 grams.
Meanwhile, the Google Nexus 9 is a tablet to reckon with. The tablet has a familiar soft-touch plastic back, just like the Nexus 5. The Nexus 9 weighs in at 425 grams and measures 7.95 millimeters thick.
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9 - Display
The Nokia N1 has a 7.9-inch display, with a resolution of 2048×1536. In fact, both tablets have a 2048 x 1536 resolution. The Nexus 9 has an 8.9-inch screen. At the same time, one should not forget that the N1 has a smaller display, which means that the screen resolution should be sharper.
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9 - Processor and Connectivity
The Nokia N1 tablet is powered by a quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 SoC (Bay Trail or Moorefield) which should be comparable to the Apple's A7 chipset.The internal processor is accompanied by a healthy 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
The Nexus 9, on the other hand, is powered by a 2.3GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra K1 (64-bit) processor, paired with 2GB of RAM and 16GB or 32GB of native storage. Well, neither of these tablets sporting a microSD slot for memory expansion.
Connectivity isn't an issue. The Nokia N1 tablet is one of the first devices to have reversible USB Type-C connectors. Both tablets support Wi-Fi , GPS and Bluetooth.
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9: Camera
In the imaging department, the Nexus 9 tablet offers improved dual-cameras. There's an 8-megapixel camera given on the rear, and a 1.6-megapixel front-facing shooter for video chat.
The Nokia N1, on the other hand, has an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front-facing shooter.
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9: Software
The Nexus 9 will be among the few select devices to get the latest Android 5.0 update. Lollipop features a redesigned user interface referred to as Material Design, along with improvements to the lock screen and notification menu.
Meanwhile, Nokia N1 runs stock version of Android 5.0 Lollipop with the company's first ever Z Launcher app.
Nokia N1 Vs Nexus 9: Battery and Early Verdict
Google promises around 9 hours of battery life on the new Nexus 9. The battery seems to enough to run movies all day. In case of Nokia N1 tablet, Nokia has fitted a massive 5,300mAh battery inside.
Both tablets are good looking, and they also have similar specs. Nokia says its N1 will cost $249, which is significantly cheaper compared to the Google Nexus 9.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!