TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Bangalore-based firm Notion Ink has officially launched the much-hyped second generation of its Adam tablet in the Indian market. According to the company, you can buy the Wi-Fi version of the tablet for Rs. 16,499 and 3G version for Rs. 18,999. The company is also offering some discounts on the listed prices.
Going by the specs, the latest tablet Notion ink Adam 2 comes with a large 10.1-inch IPS LCD screen offering an HD resolution of 1280x800pixels and secondary STN (Super Twisted Nematic) screen panel (100x5p) on the left edge of the tablet for displaying notifications and contextual information.
A device with a display at the side panels as well is something quite rare. Thus it could be one of the very few devices to have such innovation integrated in it. Moreover, the main display comes with scratch resistant glass.
Powering the tablet is a 1.5GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor coupled with a Mali 400 GPU and 1GB of DDR3 RAM. It runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS.
In addition, the tablet packs 8GB of storage, microSD card slot, Wi-Fi, optional 3G and Bluetooth as well.
The tablet draws its energy from a 6000mAh battery. For the time being, the slate is only available for Indian consumers. But soon the device is said to hit other markets as well.
Competition-wise, the device will have to face a rough competition in the domestic market. There are several devices in this price range and more importantly, the availability of new tablet devices like Nexus 7 old and new both, Asus FonePad, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will also act against the new Notion Ink Adam 2 tablet.