TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Samsung is trying to catch its next wave of customers early on. The South Korean Electronics giant has launched a child-friendly version of its Galaxy Tab 3. The new slate features a colorful and playful design that's bound to be hit among toddlers and young children.
The device is based on the existing Galaxy Tab 3, but features more vibrant colors that will appeal to children. There's a bright orange bumper around the edges of the device which will help it endure all the energy that a toddler might throw at it.
Why is Samsung coming out with a tablet for kids? According to Mashable, a "young demographic for the new Galaxy Tab is based on Samsung's statistic that 70% of tablet owners share the devices with their children." For this reason, the slate comes loaded with loads of educational content, entertainment and gaming apps. There will also be a strong host of parental controls, including a time management feature that allows you to decide how long the toddler can use the tablet for. .
Talking about tis specifications, the slate houses a 1.2GHz dual-core processor along with 1GB RAM. For imaging, the tablet has a 3 megapixel rear camera and a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera. Connectivity options include WiFi, WiFi Channel bonding, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 2.0, USB.
While Samsung has not announced any details on availability for the tablet in India, it is expected that the device will hit Indian shores sometime later this year. The device is being priced for $229(Rs.14074 aprox) in the US.