TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
A report released by a research firm IDC confirms that Samsung and Apple were the top Tablet vendors in Q4, last year. The companies top the Q4 tablet list on the basis of shipments made by them. The report also says that the tablet market has grown by 75.3% throughout in Q4 2012.
The shipment of tablets rose to 52.5 million from 29.9 million units in 2012 Q4. Apple had shipped 22.9 million iPads in 2012:Q4. This is around 48.1 per cent of the shipments as compared to the same quarter in 2011. The market share of Apple, is however, down and was just 43.6 percent in the final quarter of 2012.
The South Korean giant continues to lead the market and has seen a stupendous growth of 236 per cent. The company had shipped 15.1 million Windows8 and Android tablets. It is seen that the company had shipped only 2.2 million tablets in the same quarter in 2011.
Barnes and Noble and Amazon also saw an increase in market share. The market share increased because of their new products. The research shows that Lenovo has lost its 5th spot to Barnes and Noble. Lenovo was placed 5th in the previous quarter. The company Asus also saw an increase in its shipments and an up growth in its market share by 5.3 per cent. The Q4 turned out totally unlucky for Microsoft as it failed to ship even 1 million RT tablets. This also resulted in Microsoft not featuring in the top 5 list.