TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Taking the tv watching experience further to another level, Airtel Digital TV, the direct to home (DTH) arm of Bharti Airtel has recently launched a new set-top-box at Rs. 2,000. The best feature that is incorporated in the set-top-box is a capability to record the tv shows by simply plugging-in an external storage device like pen drive or an external hard drive.
The feature doesn't end there as the company claims that the subscribers of the service can also schedule the recordings via mobile or Internet. Further the company added, "Customers can record on an external storage device of up-to 2 terabytes and create an unlimited personal content library by using multiple storage devices for the recordings."
Thus looking at the features of the newly launched set-top-box, it is surely going to have a greater impact on the Indian DTH subscriber who can now record programmes and watch them later. Moreover, the recorded programmes can also be paused and other features include rewind, slow-motion viewing and fast-forward. Additionally, the new set-top-box also allows pausing of live TV.
Airtel Digital TV had 8.5 million customers as on June 2013 and it offers 373 channels, including 17 HD channels and five interactive services.
However, this is not the first time that the set-top-box with recording feature has been launched but we have already seen quite a few of them in past like Tata SkyHD. But the Airtel Digital TV is more special and likely to be popular as it comes at cheaper price.