TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
One of the leading telecom service provider in India, Airtel has recently announced to offer Facebook access in 9 different regional Indian languages to its prepaid mobile phone customers free of charge.
These languages include Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. The regional language support on Facebook is compatible with most of the feature phones, Java, Android, iPhone and Windows devices.
Accordingly, customers who use Facebook on their Airtel mobile networks through the browser or a native app, will now be able to view or upload photos, post status updates, comment and write on walls, and message friends in the above mentioned multiple languages.
Although the offer is supposed to be free but it should be noted that the offer is only valid for a limited period of time. The telecom service provider will allow customers to access Facebook free of charge with a cap of 30MB per month. The company has not disclosed anything regarding how long the offer would last.
Existing mobile internet users on Airtel can avail the benefit by visiting the Facebook mobile website m.facebook.com. While the customers using the mobile internet for the first time would be required to register at m.facebook.com first to avail themselves this special offer.