TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
One of the leading telecom service provider in India, Airtel has recently announced to offer Facebook access in 9 different regional Indian languages to its prepaid mobile phone customers free of charge.
These languages include Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam. The regional language support on Facebook is compatible with most of the feature phones, Java, Android, iPhone and Windows devices.
Accordingly, customers who use Facebook on their Airtel mobile networks through the browser or a native app, will now be able to view or upload photos, post status updates, comment and write on walls, and message friends in the above mentioned multiple languages.
Although the offer is supposed to be free but it should be noted that the offer is only valid for a limited period of time. The telecom service provider will allow customers to access Facebook free of charge with a cap of 30MB per month. The company has not disclosed anything regarding how long the offer would last.
Existing mobile internet users on Airtel can avail the benefit by visiting the Facebook mobile website m.facebook.com. While the customers using the mobile internet for the first time would be required to register at m.facebook.com first to avail themselves this special offer.