TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Airtel, leading provider of broadband and mobile services in India has been exploring newer avenues to extend its hold over the broadband market. In this respect, the company has launched a new Wi-Fi hotspot service termed as ‘Wi-Fi Hangout' which is a prepaid service in three major cities in India.
Even though Wi-Fi hotspots are not new to Indians, the area has not received sufficient commercial push until now. The service has been launched in the cities of NCR, Bangalore and Mumbai in its first step.
Wi-fi users can access these hangouts on purchase of a voucher that can be activated when an Airtel Wifi Zone is selected on Airtel's webpage. The vouchers come in prepaid plans at a cost of Rs. 50, Rs. 30 and Rs. 20. These plans give an unlimited usage of 120, 60 and 30 minutes respectively.
Airtel has not announced a fair usage policy for this service as yet and has offered the proposition of installing Wi-Fi hangouts in various enterprises upon request. No doubt this will enable the telecom giant to penetrate even further in the market while also giving much-required competition to the other players who have failed to deliver in this service.
Airtel's Wi-Fi hangouts are sure to catch on in this age where people just do not like to remain confined to their homes. Net-addicted users can now access wi-fi while sitting at their favorite restaurants, coffee shop, or mall with this secure and reliable connectivity offered by Airtel.