TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Amar G.Bose, founder, Bose Corporation, died at age of 83. He was the founder of high-end audio equipment company and a well renowned Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1964, Bose Corporation was founded. During that time, Dr Bose, was a professor of electrical engineering at MIT. The acclaimed acoustic engineer taught at MIT from 1956 until 2011. The exact cause of his death was not revealed by his family. He was 83.
Bose Corporation was started not to make business out of it. But it was the vision of Dr. Bose to promote quality audio sound. The company makes high quality speakers for both commercial and consumer use.
A statement from Bob Maresca , President, Bose Corporation reads " It is impossible to put into words what Dr. Bose meant to each of us, and to Bose. He was more than our Chairman. He was our teacher- always encouraging us, always believing that we could do great things, and that anything was possible.
"Amar Bose was an exceptional human being and an extraordinarily gifted leader. He made quality mentoring and a joyful pursuit of excellence, ideas and possibilities the hallmark of his career in teaching, research and business. I learned from him, and was inspired by him, every single time I met with him.", ," L. Rafael Reif, MIT's president, said in a statement.
Back in 2011, Bose gave MIT the right to use non-voting shares. However, MIT does not interfere in management of the company. Bose is known for hit Wave Radio and noise-cancellation headphones.