TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Galaxy S3 mini is now completely free from the patent claims of Apple. The company has dropped the claim following the assurance from the South Korean mobile phone manufacturer, Samsung that they will not sell the model in The United States.
Apple disclosed the news in a filing with the U.S. district court for Northern California. Apple had earlier requested for adding Galaxy S3 Mini and other products of Samsung to the patent dispute which is being undergoing between the two companies.
Samsung countered the argument saying the device was not available for sale while Apple noted that it was listed on Amazon's U.S. storefront and had been delivered to several U.S. addresses by order. Reports from the News, confirm that Apple is dropping its patent claim without prejudice.
The phone appeared on Amazon.com last month. The device is powered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and features a 4-inch Super AMOLED display. Other specs of the phone include 1 GB of RAM, a dual core processor and 8 GB of internal storage. The phone lacks any 4G LTE connectivity.
Apple had previously argued saying that the device broke the terms of the $1.5 million verdict it got in favor against Samsung. This did not help Apple in securing ban of sales of Samsung's models. Representatives of Apple and Samsung were not available for comments.