TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
The Google report says that e-commerce market has reached new heights with the growing trend of online shopping. The report released shows that online shopping has reached the top spot of a whopping 128 per cent in the year 2011-2012. This is an increase by 40 per cent compared to 2010-11.
Another finding by Google suggests that it was apparels and accessories that saw a maximum growth in 2011-12, which covered almost 30 percent of the queries recorded in Google Search. It is also expected that the same trend may continue this year.
The e-commerce industry was earlier led by electronics and books initially, but now it is apparels and accessories. It is projected that apparels and accessories will overtake consumer electronics. Consumer electronics shared a search percentage of 34 on Google in 2012.
The report also indicates that online shopping is not by any means restricted to metros and major cities and that online shopping has now grown by 500 per cent. The traffic in the online portals are also seen increasing consequently.
The reports show that more than 30 per cent of queries in Google are registered on mobile phones, and this only shows the penetration of smartphones among the users to a greater extent. A large population is seen accessing data and this in turn has resulted in an increase in online shopping trend and an overall growth of the e-commerce industry.
Home décor, health care and baby products are seen to have increased in sales in the year 2012. It is also seen that there were numerous buyers for online air tickets, who actually shopped along with ticketing for other products. Easy payment modes, cash back offers, faster delivery are the key features that drove online shopping last year.