TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Evernote, a popular note-taking service has reported a security breach. The company's operations & security team has discovered and blocked suspicious activity on the Evernote network . Apparently, there has been an attempt to steal usernames, email addresses and encrypted passwords from the service. Hence, the company has reset all user passwords as a precautionary step.
Evernote states in a blog " In our security investigation, we have found no evidence that any of the content you store in Evernote was accessed, changed or lost. We also have no evidence that any payment information for Evernote Premium or Evernote Business customers was accessed".
Apart form prompting all it's users to reset their passwords, the company has stated that it will be taking additional steps to ensure that that user data stays protected. Evernote has announced it will be releasing updates to several of it's apps to make the password change procedure, lot easier.
Apparently, Evernote investigation detected the malicious activity on February 28, 2013. However, the company has not disclosed the nature of the attack.
There is an unprecedented surge in such an activity, these days. It looks like 2013 is the year of the hackers. What has caused this sudden increase in security breach attempts, still remains the question.