TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Evernote, a popular note-taking service has reported a security breach. The company's operations & security team has discovered and blocked suspicious activity on the Evernote network . Apparently, there has been an attempt to steal usernames, email addresses and encrypted passwords from the service. Hence, the company has reset all user passwords as a precautionary step.
Evernote states in a blog " In our security investigation, we have found no evidence that any of the content you store in Evernote was accessed, changed or lost. We also have no evidence that any payment information for Evernote Premium or Evernote Business customers was accessed".
Apart form prompting all it's users to reset their passwords, the company has stated that it will be taking additional steps to ensure that that user data stays protected. Evernote has announced it will be releasing updates to several of it's apps to make the password change procedure, lot easier.
Apparently, Evernote investigation detected the malicious activity on February 28, 2013. However, the company has not disclosed the nature of the attack.
There is an unprecedented surge in such an activity, these days. It looks like 2013 is the year of the hackers. What has caused this sudden increase in security breach attempts, still remains the question.