TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Google in an attempt to help Indian users make the best out of it's web search tool and of course to boost add revenues has announced its 'Start Searching India campaign'.
"Internet is no longer restricted to the domain of working professionals and is fast emerging as a life enriching tool catering to the varied needs of the people from all walks of life," Google India's director of marketing, Sandeep Menon said on the occasion.
The objective of the campaign is to make Indian users be aware of how to make the best use of the search engine and in good time. According to Sandeep, the campaign will educate users get instant and to-the-point answers on their most common queries.
The campaign has been launched in Bopal, as the city has more users looking for e-governance applications. According to Google trends, mponline.com and vyapam.com are among the top five web searched terms by the the people of Bhopal, said Sandeep.
The company looks to transform the serach engine into a ideal assistent that can undestand what a users want and give them accurate results based on their requirements.
According to a report by business-standard, the search engine will bring up more results on topics like trip advice, cricket score, movie tickets, restaurant details for places like Bopal. "It saves time when you land from a bigger town to smaller town like Bhopal, if you search a restaurant in Bhopal it comes back with detailed information on the restaurant along with picture," said Sandeep.