TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
Google to Foray into Retail to Showcase Google Glass and Nexus Devices
Google is now planning to overtake Apple and Microsoft on retail front and is planning to open a new store. The new retail store is a flagship project of Google and is opened to showcase its products. The rumor of Google opening its own retail store was made available in 9to5 Google. 9to5 Google was also the one who reported first Google's Glass project previous year.
Google had previously stuck with its Chrome Web Store and other shops in airports, Dixon, Best Buy to promote/sell its products. Now, with its idea to open its own retail stores across malls in the country, the search giant could push Tablets and Nexus handsets.
It can also promote Chromebooks and its upcoming Google Glass through its retail stores. Google relies more on phone calls to offer its services to customers, but with the opening of Google retail stores, Google will be able to serve its customers directly.
A report from 9to5Google says that the idea to open its own retail stores by Google is to push its Google Glass project and enable customers to have a first-hand using experience. Apple also has retail stores all over the world and the company had been successful with its retail sales business.
The Apple retail stores earn revenue of $6,050 (approx Rs. 315000) per square foot, reveals the recent data. This is something big compared to Tiffany's $3,017 (approx Rs. 157000). Google lovers now have plenty of reasons to rejoice-Google Glass, Nexus devices receiving updates, retail stores. Hope Google comes out with more excitement for its audience in future.