TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Telangana Elections: Restrictions Imposed On Campaign Time In Naxal Belts
- Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone: Best Tariff Plans Under Rs 200
- Road Rage In India: Video Of A Man On Top Of A Running Car Becomes Viral!
- DeepVeer's Mumbai Wedding Reception Will Be A Grand Affair
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- India vs West Indies: The Five Key Takeaways
Google has announced it's new dongle device called Chromecast, which could very well be the search giant's answer to Apple's Airplay. This low cost device plugs into a television via HDMI port and allows users to stream media content from smartphones, tablets and PCs.
The dongle is already available in the US at $ 35 and is compatible with Android 2.3 and higher, iOS 6 and higher, Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS 10.7 and higher and Chrome OS. The device is powered by USB and provides an easy way for users to stream video and audio form YouTube. Google Play, Netflix , Pandora and Google Plus photos on HDTV.
AirPlay that comes with iPhone and iPad, offers similar features but obviously there is the limitation of platform support that Google's new device overcomes. Chromecast supports playback at 1080p and will directly content from cloud and won't require you to store the content on the phone. The device is powered by chrome browser, so all the content basically plays on the browser.
Google says in the future this technology will come integrated with TV and is looking for partners. Chromecast was available on Google Play and Amazon for the US, but has sold out already. The dongle is a simple yet handy little device, not to mention cheep and portable. definitely a good buy! There is no information on when it will be arriving in India.