TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The subscriber base for GSM mobile users in India has shown signs of growing with the marginal increase to 65.75 crore in January 2013. 4 lakh new users that have joined the subscriber base this January.
The new user base has increased in networks such as Idea, Vodafone, and Airtel. The information was released by COAI. The mobile subscriber base for GSM network as recorded in December 2012 was 65.71 crore.
The recent rise in subscriber base comes as a relief for telecom service providers as the numbers have increased after a sharp fall in November 2012. The subscriber base of Vodafone has increased to 14.77 crore, and this numbers were reached with an addition of 2 lakh customers to its network.
The leading telecom company, Bharti Airtel has a subscriber base of 18.41 crore adding 22.86 lakh new customers. On the other hand, Idea Cellular limited, has added 24.5 lakh new customers to its network compared to December. It is to be noted that Idea Cellular Limited had lost over 1.977 lakh customers back in December.
The subscriber base of Videocon has recorded a significant fall by 13 lakh to 22.57 lakh in the month of January. The customer base was 36.4 lakh in the month of December. This had resulted in a fall by 38 per cent each month for the company. The companies Uninor and Aircel also saw a steep fall in its subscriber base with a loss of 14 lakh and 17.75 lakh customers across the country. The COAI data has not recorded the subscriber base of Tata Teleservices and Reliance Communications Ltd.