TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
IBM, leading technology service provider, has decided to launch low cost Power Systems servers and storage products in February. The launch is scheduled for today while the shipping of the servers will begin only by February 20. With the introduction of the Power Express 710 at low costs, the company will stand to provide significant competition to other players in the file, HP and Oracle. Power Express 710 servers are based on Power architecture and will be available at a price of $5,947 (Rs. 316, 700 approx.).
According to Rod Atkins, senior vice president at Systems and Technology group of IBM, the cloud and big data technologies that were initially affordable to only large enterprises will be available at affordable to the masses as well with the introduction of the Power Express 710 servers. Compared to the Itanium integrity servers of Hewlett Packard and Sparc servers of Oracle, the Power Express 710 has been competitively priced.
Adkins also stated that with the introduction of the new systems, IBM will pave way for the aggressive expansion of the Storage and Power systems business of the company into the foray of small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) and other growth markets.
Rich Fichera, Forrester Research analyst commented on the development that the launch of the products would be a strong signal to the customers and competitors of IBM, even though the product will not change the standing of the company much. This is an indication that the company is striving to provide better performance to the customers without giving them the room for temptation to switch to another company's product.