TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Vanitha Narayanan took over as the new Managing Director of IBM. She succeeds Shankar Annaswamy who will continue his services for IBM as the Senior Adviser to the corporation on India Enterprise.
Vanitha Narayanan will look after IBM's sales, Services, Marketing and Global Delivery Operations in India and South Asia (ISA). This also includes the operations in Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The newly appointed Managing Director has over 25 years of experience working for IBM with a number of clients and in several countries.
She has been a part of IBM ISA business from 2009, serving in roles as the Sales and Distribution Leader and Global Business Services (GBS) Managing Partner.
She had also served as the Global Vice-President for IBM's telecom solution offerings, and as the Vice President of Communications sector, Asia-Pacific. Vanitha is also a member of IBM's Integration and Values Team comprising of the Senior Global Executives selected by the Chairman of IBM. She is also one who heads several leadership development and diversity programs for ISA. For the purpose of developing the women's leadership pipeline Vanitha is also the executive sponsor.
Annaswamy joined as the General Manager of IBM in 2004 and led the ISA region as its Regional Manager since 2007. He was inducted as the member Member of India@ 75, National Committee of CII recently. He also continues to be a member of the CII National Council.
Annaswamy and Vanitha Narayanan will be reporting to the Senior Vice President, Jim Bramante, IBM Growth Markets Unit. The appointments are with immediate effect.