TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
After slashing prices for 2G data services, Idea Cellular has launched free Facebook Messenger for its prepaid subscribers for 3 months. The service to available for users using iPhones and Android smartphones. Users can activate the service by dialing *800*88# from their Android or iOS device and will be able to send messages, share pictures, locations and start group conversations with friends.
Idea 2G and 3G prepaid subscribers will need to activate the service before July 31st, 2013 to avail the offer. The offer will stand for the next 3 months from the date of activation.
Sashi Shankar chief marketing officer said, "With the increasing mobile broadband penetration in India, the mobile phone is becoming the most important device for accessing Internet and social networking platforms. Nearly 50% of data users on the Idea network access Facebook on their mobile phones. The free Facebook Messenger service will enhance their social networking experience and enable Facebook users to chat with their contacts while on the move."
Kevin D'souza, Country Growth Manager, Facebook said, "Messaging is a fun and useful way to share privately and connect with friends in smaller personal groups. We are happy that Idea subscribers can now enjoy free access to Facebook Messenger and experience new features such as Chat Heads and Stickers. This partnership allows us to connect people in new areas and offer them the Facebook experience on the Idea network."