TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Report from PTI says that Idea Cellular has slashed 2G data tariffs by up to 90% across the country and 3G tariffs by as much as 33% for six months starting November 15.
The company said that, the reduced tariffs will be available to all the existing and new prepaid and postpaid users at the new rates. Precisely, the 3G data tariffs will now be in par with 2G across all 10 Idea 3G circles. Thus the user can access 2G and 3G data at 2 paise per 10 KB. The current tariffs for 2G are 2 paise per KB while for 3G, the rates are 3 paise per 10 KB.
"Over 33 million existing and new data users on the Idea networks can now enjoy reduced data tariffs on their 2G and 3G prepaid and postpaid handsets and dongles. The offer will be effective from November 15, 2013, and be available for six months," the company added.
When it comes to other telecom service provider, Vodafone India also recently slashed data tariffs by up to 80% across the country. While, back in June Bharti Airtel reduced rates by up to 90% in Punjab and Haryana.
"Idea has reduced 2G data tariff by up to 90% across all 22 circles, enabling users to avail 2G data at 2 paise per 10 KB. Idea's 3G users will now be able to save up to 30% on their monthly data charges as the same tariff will also be available across all 10 Idea 3G circles," the company said.
Idea has 3G spectrum in Maharashtra and Goa, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Kerala, UP West and East, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
"The reduction in data tariff is aimed at catalysing data adoption amongst the masses and empowering them with the power of mobile internet at an affordable cost," Idea Cellular deputy managing director Ambrish Jain said.