TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Indian Railways seems to have it's eyes set on using mobile technology to improve traveler's experience. Recently, the authority introduced free Wi-Fi facility for trains. Now the Indian Railways is reportedly planning to introduce personalized services including wake-up call and train status alert text messages for frequent passengers.
Indian IT arm Centre of Railway Information Systems ( CRIS) will be collaborating with RailYatri.in, a subsidiary of Stelling Tech, to come up with on a smartphone app to provide real-time updates on the position of trains and their expected time of arrival.
"We're looking at providing services like wake-up calls and informing passengers if there are any changes in the schedule of the train they are booked in like delays or cancellations through SMS or phone calls," Manish Rathi, CEO and co-founder of RailYatri.in, says. "It can even be to alert someone on the position of a train so they can receive their family at the station on time," he adds.
RailYatri is already said to offer real-time details on routes, location of trains and also their expected time of arrival for up to 6,500 trains their Rail Radar, website. The company is apparently prepping up to release an android version of the app and latter on, will be releasing an app for iPhones, Windows Phone and Blackberry. "We are fine-tuning some features. We want to ensure it will work on all platforms including iPhones, Windows system and Blackberry," said Rathi.
Source: Times Of India